Google Shopping allows users to search for products on online shopping websites and compare prices between different vendors.
- As of September 15, 2016 Google will require any feeds targeting Australia, Brazil, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, the United Kingdom or the United States to submit the following for all products when the ‘brand’ is a designated brand & Product Condition is New:
- Valid GTIN
- Google will disapprove offers that do not meet these requirements above.
- Recommended image size is at least 800 x 800 pixels in height and width. For apparel products, images must be at least 250 x 250 pixels and can't be larger than 64 megapixels. For all other products, images must be at least 100 x 100 pixels and can't be larger than 64 megapixels.
- Google Merchant Account Shopping Feed will help you get product submitted to your Google Merchant Center and get them approved.
- Google AdWords Account The AdWords account will be linked to your Merchant Account. For any of the approved products within the Merchant Center, you must create a campaign within AdWords in order to display ads for them.
TWO: Set color and size fields.This can be done with the manage colors and sizes tab. Below are fields that have been discovered in your product data. These fields act as containers, which hold specific information about your product variation. Among them are your product variation attributes. These variation attributes define the parent-child relationship you've created in your store-front. For each attribute; if this is used as a drop down option on your store-front, you want to make sure you assign it as a Color, Size or Other.
If you have any products that use two drop down options (Such as Pillows who use Size AND Pattern), please make sure to assign one attribute as a color and the other attribute as a size (ie. assign Size as Size and Pattern as Color) This will help Shopping Feed understand any products that use 2 variation attributes (drop down options) on the store-front and be able to replicate that in the outgoing datafeed to the marketplace/channel.
Marketplaces typically only allow products to have two drop down lists, so for products that use 3 drop down options (variation attributes), please let us know so that our Support Team can further assist you.
The next thing to do is to log into Shopping Feed and connect to the Google Shopping Channel. This will take you through the appropriate steps to link your Google Merchant Account to Shopping Feed as well as setup a data feed. The feed should automatically be created for you in the Merchant Center when you successfully link your account.
Click here for more details.
THREE: Connect to the Google Shopping Channel.
Note your products must be categorized in order to be listed. Categories help buyers find your products for purchase.
Five: In the Google Shopping dashboard complete assigning categorizing your products if you have not already done so.
Click here to go to the Google Shopping Dashboard. If this switch is grey than the products under that switch are turned off. If this switch is orange then some of your products for that switch are turned on. If this switch is green then all of your products for that switch are turned on.
Six: From the Google Shopping Dashboard turn on products with the switches at the top of all of the categories.
By clicking into a category you can expend that category and then you can turn on the parent products in bold or various variations/children of those products listed beneath the parent. If you see the switch is grey it means that listing is turned off. Note you must turn on the parent product for any of its variations to be listed. Parents can be listed with no variations/children so long as it is turned on.
Shopping Feed sends several feeds to Google Shopping when doing an update. Your images may take some time to process and display.
The update button sends your changes to the queue, to update your marketplace. Updates normally don't take very long, but during high traffic periods can take as long as an hour.
Seven: Update the Channel.